Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kevin Hickey Leaving Four Seasons Chicago To Pursue Dreams Of Own Restaurant

hickey
(Photo: Four Seasons Chicago)

I'm so bummed about this email I received Thursday morning:

"It is with mixed emotions today that we announce that Executive Chef Kevin Hickey is resigning effective Oct. 1 to pursue his dream of opening his own restaurant.

"'While we are truly happy and excited for Chef as he embarks on this new chapter in his outstanding culinary career, we will miss him as our Executive Chef and a long-time member of the Four Seasons family,' said Four Seasons General Manager Michele Grosso.

"'In Chef’s 18 years with this company, he truly has left his mark in every kitchen he worked–from Los Angeles to Dublin and London to Atlanta and right back here to his native Chicago where he led the team behind the former Seasons to Michelin Star and AAA Five Diamond status,' Grosso said. 'More recently he was the driving creative and culinary force behind the success of our new Allium restaurant.'

"Says Executive Chef Kevin Hickey: 'My time with Four Seasons has shaped my life in so many wonderful ways. My family and I have been fortunate to be part of the Four Seasons family for over 18 years and are better for it. I am very sad to leave it all behind but very excited to begin my entrepreneurial foray into the independent restaurant world.'

"Grosso said the search for a new chef to continue Allium’s tradition of bold Modern American cuisine is underway. 'Kevin also leaves us with an exceptionally-mentored team who in the meantime will continue to run Allium with the culinary excellence and distinctive service for which we are known.

"'We have received a lot of interest and are narrowing it down to some outstanding candidates. We look forward to making an announcement soon,' Grosso added."

Good luck to Kevin and his new adventure. I cannot wait to see what he has planned!

UPDATE: He's joining the Rockit Ranch team.

Hickey also sent out this email regarding his new adventures:

"On October first of this year, I am officially leaving my position as executive chef of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago and its restaurant, Allium. I am embarking on an exciting new chapter in both my career and my life. I am currently partnering with Rockit Ranch Productions on an exciting new venture at 441 N. Clark Street. We are in the process of re-imagining the space and concept, and look forward to bringing this exciting new restaurant to River North this fall.

"I will also open a restaurant and bar in Bridgeport called The Duck Inn in the Spring of 2014. These are the first of, what I hope to be, many new ventures as I begin on a new life of entrepreneurialism and independent restaurants. Thank you for all of your support in the past and I look forward to our continuing relationship"

No comments: